Have you ever kept track of the amount of fruits and vegetables you consume daily? Is that amount sufficient to deliver all the essential nutrients to your body? Most people do not find it convenient to consume the required amount of fruits and vegetables as part of their diet. In such a situation, fresh juices play an important role in delivering all the required nutrients from fruits and vegetables to your body for a healthy life. A single glass of juice is sufficient to provide the right amount of nutrients that is required for your system. This is a quick and easy technique to incorporate more fruits and vegetables to your diet. However, if you are deciding to include juices as part of your daily diet, you should be aware of some pros and cons of it. Here are the most significant ones:
Benefits of juicing:
- Most of us do not enjoy vegetables as part of their everyday meals. Eating a bunch of broccolis seems much more difficult than gulping down a glass of juice that has all its goodness in it. You can juice any combination of fruits and vegetables that you want to get all the vitamins and minerals that you would require from fruits and vegetables. Juicing is a good option for people who do not like consuming fruits and vegetables.
- Another advantage of juicing is that in a juice drink you get sufficient quantities of nutrients in a concentrated form. This means that instead of eating 3 apples and 2 carrots, which does not sound so easy, you only have to drink a single glass of juice to get the same amount of nutrients.
- Another advantage of consuming juices is that it is easily digestible. That’s why it is a great way to start your morning or end a work out session since it will give you a boost of nutrients and energy. The nutrients are easily absorbed into your blood stream and delivered to your muscles.
Drawbacks of juicing:
- Consuming a lot of fruit juices can also become a problem since fruits contain a high concentration of natural sugar along with the nutrients source: ColdPressJuicer. This is can be especially problematic for people who are dealing with obesity and keeping a check on their calorie intake. You can easily cater this problem by including vegetables to your juices and keeping the addition of fruits only to a minimum just so it could give the juice a nice flavor.
- A juicer discards all the fibers that are present in the fruits and vegetables. These fibers have their own share of benefits that they can deliver your body which you are not taking advantage of. Fibers keep your digestive tract cleaned and free of toxins. They also help in slowing down the absorption of the natural sugars into your blood stream and thus maintain your blood sugar levels. Since juices are free of fiber, you are missing out on these benefits.